Error Code 0x8007050 During Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit InstallationJan 27, 2011
I have been encountering this same error code in one of my machines. I get the Error Code: 0x8007050 during installation of Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. It occurs during the expansion of files phase, during instalation, with the message "Windows cannot install the required files. Make sure the required files are available..."
Intel DP43TF MB
Intel Quad Core 8300 CPU
4GB OCZ ATI DDR2 RAM
Antec 500 Watt PSU
Hitachi HDS725050 KLA360 HD
and later a Seagate ST3640323AS HD.
In previous installations of Win 7, I've observed that about 29MB are copied to the System Reserved partition. In this scenario, only 11MB are copied. I've performed the following trouble shooting in order:
- Changed out the DVD drive. Tried installation again without success.
- Performed factory system restore on the hard drive. Tried installation again without success.
- Replaced the hard drive with a new one. Tried installation again without success.
- Removed all PCI cards, and tried again with just the PCI-E video card. Tried installation again without success.
- Replaced the PCI-E video card with a PCI card. Tried installation again without success.
- Cloned the "System Reserved" partition from another PC with a functioning install of the same OS. Tried installation again without success.
It should be noted that this specific machine was previously running Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. I was simply attempting to upgrade the hard drive. I've also tried to install Win 7 Home and Win 7 Pro, all with the exact same error code, which occurs during the same phase of installation. I also tried to perform an Upgrade install. The machine accepted a complete install of Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit (twice), but had the same error codes appear during the Upgrade install to Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. I reformatted and reinstalled same Vista 64 bit OS. I tried to install Win 7 Pro 64 Bit, and again encountered the same error codes. Incidentally, I have used 3 different Retail Win 7 install media. The machine passes all MemTest and CPU diagnostics.