Nov 25, 2008
When my Notebook first starts up, a note in the bar at the bottom of the opening 'Acer' screen graphic shows; <F12> Change Boot Order in Vista I don't have the confidence yet, just to hit the <F12> to discover where this leads to, and what it is all about. I fear that I may do something that will de-stabilise my perfectly operating system, or worse, get into a predicament that I have no knowledge off, nor the technical ability to escape from it. I have searched through the Forum threads, but have been unable to find anything that discusses the <F12> boot order. I would like to know the following:
View 9 Replies
1. In what situations is the <F12> boot key used, or when should it be used?
2. What system boot order does it change, and can this be beneficial to the performance of the Notebook? [my system in specs below....saves a lot of re-typing!].
3. Are the instructions clear and understandable to a 'non-geek'?
4. Is it easy to exit or escape from <F12> window, and can that be done without making any field or boot order changes?
5. Is there an ability to revert to, or restore to, former boot system settings, if incorrect or invalid changes are made, which later de-stabilise the system start-up?