Jul 12, 2012
- i disable internet access on my pc and use connectify and create a virtual hotspot,
View 2 Replies
- then i use my ipad (the device i want to transfer files from my pc to) and connect it to that virtual hotspot
- i use the program Phone Drive on my ipad, it has wifi sharing feature, it gives me the http:// and ftp:// addresses. i know these things, i can either use http:// address in my browser or ftp:// in any ftp clients, then i transfer files easily,
- when i copy files from my ipad, my pc actually downloads the files, not copies the files, likewise when i copy files from my pc to my ipad it actually uploads the files, not copies. and this is why i disable internet access before i create virtual hotspot because i don't want it to use my bandwidth (or data).
- and HERE'S MY QUESTION: does it actually use bandwidth when i upload or download, if it does not, then i wouldn't need to create a virtual hotspot and disable internet, i just need to connect them directly to my real router hotspot and use. and how do i know/how can i check?
the transfer speed is actually very slow, like 2 MB/s, i thought this is normal since when i download files from internet it's about 2 MB/s too, but then i see many people on some websites say their speed is 10MB/s (they say this is slow, i think this is fast), or 80 MB/s, so i wonder why is my speed so low? and this is not a real wifi hotspot, it's virtual, so it should be fast, is there any other software that can make a virtual wifi hotspot that has fast speed? and why are other people's wifi transfer speeds so fast but mine is slow?